If you and your partner have tried for more than a year to become pregnant and have been unsuccessful then you are considered infertile and may need fertilization assistance from a fertility specialist.
There are new and advanced fertility procedures that can assist you in becoming pregnant; this includes in vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), and other similar procedures. Intrauterine insemination cost can vary depending upon where you live.
IUI offers infertile couples a chance to have a child who is biologically related to them. With this procedure, a man's sperm is washed, and then injected by a syringe and catheter into the woman's uterus.
IUI can resolve pregnancy issues like:
• If you don't have any fallopian tubes or if your fallopian tubes are blocked
• If you've had corrective surgery to assist with your infertility and it hasn't worked
• If your mate has a low sperm count or low motility
• If you experience endometriosis
• Any unexplained infertility issues
Whether or not IUI will be successful depends on each individual couple. Success has many variables such as: age, cause of infertility, the rate of the sperm's ability to fertilize the egg, you and your mate's willingness to undergo multiple insemination attempts if necessary.
Things That You Can Do
• The thing that you can do for yourself while going through the IUI process is to pamper yourself! Infertility is a very stressful thing and anything that helps you through it without harming a potential baby is okay!
• Do whatever it is you need to do to make this manageable for you. (Naps, back rubs, favorite foods, etc. Be very good to yourself during this time.)
There are multiple infertility applications that can assist you in becoming pregnant. You should discuss with your infertility specialist what treatments and processes would be best for you and your mate. Intrauterine insemination cost as well as the cost of any fertility program should be discussed with your specialist beforehand as well so that you have a complete understanding of what you are going to endure as well as the cost.