The doctor you choose is the most important factor in determining your success. Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld has specialized in tubal reversals for over 30 years, performing thousands of procedures and achieving a very high success rate - over 80%. His attention to detail and the specialized training required to use ultra fine 10-0 sutures generally reserved for delicate eye surgeries continues to set him apart from others in his field.
Dr. Rosenfeld is sensitive to your feelings, perspectives and concerns and he treats all his patients with respect. You deserve special treatment from your doctor, and Dr. Rosenfeld and his staff are committed to providing you with this personalized, quality care.
, with more than 30 years of experience and specialized training, is the only micro tubal reversal specialist who performs an all-inclusive procedure. He and his elite surgical team use the most advanced techniques and tools to make sure your surgery is a success:
Dr. Rosenfeld recognizes that micro-surgery for tubal reversal is a demanding procedure. He also knows that success depends on very careful attention to every detail – rushing the procedure is not an option. This is one of the reasons he performs only two tubal reversal procedures per day.
- Ultra-fine 10-0 sutures reduce scarring, speed your recovery and give you the best chance for pregnancy after tubal reversal.
- The On-Q PainBuster pump, the most advanced pain management system available, eases your discomfort and lets you get back to your normal activities fast.
- All other related and required procedures are included with your tubal reversal - hysteroscopy, removal of endometrial polyps.
- Your tubes will be dye tested to be sure they are completely water tight.
Advanced micro-surgical techniques, meticulous attention to detail and a revolutionary pain management system all combine to help you recover rapidly, regain your physical strength and quickly resume normal activity.
Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld is Houston's premier microsurgical tubal reversal specialist, sought by couples throughout the United States and from around the world. Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Rosenfeld is a respected clinician, teacher and leading infertility specialist who has helped couples expand their families for more than three decades. Dr. Rosenfeld is the only physician performing advanced tubal reversal procedures with ultra-fine 10-0 sutures and the exclusive On-Q PainBuster - prompting greater success rates and more rapid recovery.
Honored with many awards over the years, Dr. Rosenfeld has dedicated much of his career to refining the tubal reversal procedure and helping patients understand the differences between in-vitro fertilization and tubal reversal as well as the key role that good nutrition and regular exercise play in bringing about conception and a healthy pregnancy.
Dr. Rosenfeld holds two doctorate degrees, a PhD in Psychology from the University of Texas at Austin and an MD from the Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. After completing postdoctoral work at the University of Southern California and Johns Hopkins University, he completed an internship at Highland Alameda County Hospital in Oakland, California and a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wayne State University School of Medicine - where he was chief resident.
Dr. Rosenfeld was a full time faculty member at the Baylor College of Medicine for 13 years. During that time he received additional microsurgery training at the Baylor College of Medicine Division of Plastic Surgery Microsurgery Research Laboratories. He continues to practice at the Southwest Center for Microsurgical Tubal Reversal.
He is considered one of the most skilled and successful surgeons in the world and has perfected his technique, performing thousands of successful tubal reversal procedures since beginning work in this field in 1980. His education in both psychology and medicine and his years of experience make Dr. Rosenfeld uniquely qualified to address all your needs and optimize your chances of conceiving through surgery.
Dr. Bernard Rosenfeld has been recognized with a number of prestigious awards and distinctions:
- The Physician's Recognition Award from the American Medical Association
- The Top 10 list of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Guide to America's top OB/GYNs
- published by the Consumer's Research Council of America
- H Texas Magazine’s Top Docs of Texas - OB/GYN physician
- Exemplary Preferred Blue Ribbon Physician by Insurance Companies
- LA Center Special Justice Award (This special Justice Award was presented in 2006
- in recognition of outstanding and invaluable service to the county)
- The US Congress Award (A certificate of special congressional recognition was awarded to Dr. Rosenfeld)
Tufts University School Of Medicine, 1971
Highland Alameda Co Hospital, 1972
Residency Hospital Johns Hopkins, 1972
University Of Southern California, 1974
Wayne State University Detroit Med Center, 1980
University Of Texas-Austin, Ph.D. Psychology, 1967
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Questions Bernard L. Rosenfeld, M.D., Ph.D. responded to