What is the best and cheapest way to get pregnant when you are 40 yrs old, a reversal or in vitro fertilization?

ANSWERS FROM DOCTORS (7)


Answered by Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group

IVF would be far more successful at age 40.

Published on Mar 30, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/1875_1416362395.jpg
Answered by Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group

IVF would be far more successful at age 40.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by UCSF Center for Reproductive Health

Hi,

The cut off age for a tubal reversal at our facility is 35. IVF is approximately $10,700, not including medications (around $6,000) or any micromanipulation techniques done at the laboratory. Consult with a board-certified doctor who specializes in fertility treatments to further discuss IVF and any other treatment options that are best suited for you.

Best regards,
Gaby

Gaby De Leon and Emily Velarde
Email: [email protected]
Patient Navigators
UCSF Center for Reproductive Health
499 Illinois St, 6th floor
San Francisco, CA 94158
Office (415) 353-7636
Fax (415) 476-7111

Published on Mar 01, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/2043_1416362399.jpg
Answered by UCSF Center for Reproductive Health

Hi,

The cut off age for a tubal reversal at our facility is 35. IVF is approximately $10,700, not including medications (around $6,000) or any micromanipulation techniques done at the laboratory. Consult with a board-certified doctor who specializes in fertility treatments to further discuss IVF and any other treatment options that are best suited for you.

Best regards,
Gaby

Gaby De Leon and Emily Velarde
Email: [email protected]
Patient Navigators
UCSF Center for Reproductive Health
499 Illinois St, 6th floor
San Francisco, CA 94158
Office (415) 353-7636
Fax (415) 476-7111

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by HRC Fertility Rancho Cucamonga

This is very dependent upon your medical history. I would suggest talking with an obstetrician/gynecologist to discuss options.

Published on Mar 01, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/7341_1453146301.jpg
Answered by HRC Fertility Rancho Cucamonga

This is very dependent upon your medical history. I would suggest talking with an obstetrician/gynecologist to discuss options.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group

Let me start by saying that the cheapest option may not always be the best option. When comparing a tubal reversal to IVF (in vitro fertilization), tubal reversals are less expensive. However, each woman's case is different & a reversal may not be the best option for different reasons. 1) the type of tubal ligation performed may have left the woman without enough healthy tube remaining to be put back together; 2) A woman at the age of 40 may not have much ovarian reserve left & therefore may not be a good candidate for a tubal reversal because her chances of getting pregnant after tubal reversal may not be very good.

Consult a fertility specialist and have him or her review your case and go over your options in more detail. For your consultation, be sure to bring a copy of your operative and pathology report from your tubal ligation. It would typically then be recommended to get some labs done to check your ovarian reserve to then make the best decision moving forward.

Published on Feb 24, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/1879_1416362395.jpg
Answered by Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group

Let me start by saying that the cheapest option may not always be the best option. When comparing a tubal reversal to IVF (in vitro fertilization), tubal reversals are less expensive. However, each woman's case is different & a reversal may not be the best option for different reasons. 1) the type of tubal ligation performed may have left the woman without enough healthy tube remaining to be put back together; 2) A woman at the age of 40 may not have much ovarian reserve left & therefore may not be a good candidate for a tubal reversal because her chances of getting pregnant after tubal reversal may not be very good.

Consult a fertility specialist and have him or her review your case and go over your options in more detail. For your consultation, be sure to bring a copy of your operative and pathology report from your tubal ligation. It would typically then be recommended to get some labs done to check your ovarian reserve to then make the best decision moving forward.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by Servy Massey Fertility Institute

IVF success is 15-20% per transfer (one month). Tubal reversal, on the other hand, has a 70-80% success rate 12 months after surgery.One IVF cycle is about the same as tubal reversal surgery.

Published on Feb 24, 2016

Answered by Servy Massey Fertility Institute (View Profile)

IVF success is 15-20% per transfer (one month). Tubal reversal, on the other hand, has a 70-80% success rate 12 months after surgery.One IVF cycle is about the same as tubal reversal surgery.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by HRC Fertility Pasadena

This is dependent upon your personal medical history. It is best to schedule an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist for the best answer.

Published on Feb 24, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/7340_1453135143.jpg
Answered by HRC Fertility Pasadena

This is dependent upon your personal medical history. It is best to schedule an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist for the best answer.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Answered by Duke Fertility Center

A tubal reversal is currently $6,000 and IVF is $13,356.00 plus about $5,000 for medication without insurance.

Published on Feb 24, 2016

//imgs-origin.edoctors.com/imageresizer/image/user_uploads/58x58_85-1/doctors/2018_1418925836.jpg
Answered by Duke Fertility Center

A tubal reversal is currently $6,000 and IVF is $13,356.00 plus about $5,000 for medication without insurance.

Published on Jul 11, 2012


Related Questions for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)

In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
For a couple who are in their early fifties (have a biological son in his twenties), who want to have more kid(s), is it too late to use our own sperm/egg womb?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
What kind of timeframe should I expect, start to finish, for one IVF cycle?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
Is there a age limit or weight limit restriction to receive IVF?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
How much does In Vitro Fertilization cost?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
What are the chances of abnormalities?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
My new husband and I was wondering if we could do in vitro even though I have had a hysterectomy. I still have one of my two ovaries. I would love to be able to tell him that it's possible. Please let me know. Thank you.
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
Through IVF will I be injected with my partner's sperm? Also, will I be able to choose from his sperm if either I want a boy or girl?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
Why is someone more likely to have twins with IVF?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
I want to know if I can do in vitro. I have three kids, my husband and I want a baby, but my tubes are cut and burned. What is the best thing for us?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
I am 48, my husband is 47. I have other children by a previous marriage but had to have my uterus removed for medical reasons. My husband does not have any children. My daughter has offer to be GS. My eggs, husband sperm, daughter uterus.
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -4 answers
My husband is type B, I'm type O, and the surrogate is type A. Is there a possibility that our baby will be type A?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
How is her chance of being pregnant with IVF? Our local doctor might not be experienced in handling cases like this. She has no more tube on her left and right sides. Regards, Noe
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -4 answers
I'm a 33-year-old mother of 4 who is in a same-sex marriage. I want to have a baby for my wife, but my tubes were cut, tied and burned in 2007. I'm in good health. Can we use donor sperm? Can I do IVF?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -1 answer
Are couples living with HIV eligble for IVF?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
I just turned 50 and don't have a period anymore. Am I still able to get in vitro fertilization done by using a donor's egg and my husbands sperm?
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
Hello, I had ovarian cysts when I was 18 years old and got them removed. Both of my ovaries were removed as well, but I still have my uterus. Can I do in vitro fertilization? I am 42 years old now.
See More
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) -2 answers
What role does the male perform and what is needed from him? My husband is old fashion and is sceptical of this procedure can you explain the process that the male would have to perform?
See More
Have specific questions?
ASK A DOCTOR

Suggested Doctors

Sorry, there are no matching doctors in your area
Please choose a different location

,

,

See more Suggested Doctors

Related Articles